Sync error (Report ID: 1832259717)

I'm experiencing sync error. I visited the kb: files not syncing page (https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing"), and found myself at step #2 of the diagnosis, hence this post.

My computer A is in a company network. Initially syncing didn't work at all, but our IT department was able to properly configure the proxy and made it work. Since then I've been using Zotero Standalone with data syncing only. All items in my library were only citation data and notes. I was able to access the data both from Zotero online and Zotero standalone on "Computer B".

Lately I'm attempting to also attach a paper PDF to an item and enable file syncing. I did this for a few articles then started to receive the sync error. The notes were still correctly synced (I'm able to access the full content of the notes from both Zotero online and Zotero standalone on "Computer B"), but not those PDFs.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
  • edited August 20, 2018
    They didn't properly configure the proxy. It looks like they may have installed their custom certificate authority into Zotero (or else you'd be getting a certificate error, since they're intercepting your secure requests to zotero.org) but are still sending some of Zotero's requests to an authentication page:
    [JavaScript Error: "Unexpected file upload status 200 (1/2XGZSDQV)"]

[JavaScript Error: "<!--samlchecks_get.html --><!DOCTYPE html><html><head><title>Welcome To Zscaler Directory Authentication</title> […]
  • Thank you, dstillman. Upon receiving your comment, I talked to our IT and found that it was indeed the case per company policy.