Crashing at pasting text

Zotero crashes (or just suddenly closes) on some of the attempts to paste text into a note. Not every pasting actions causes crash, sometimes it's a whole day with no crashes, sometimes, like today — a crash at every 10-15 paste. Everything before the crash(?) is saved, but it's still annoying.

It's probably started after new zotero came out. I use zotero (5.0.55) on win 10 machine, and i have 2344 items in library.
  • 5.0.55 just came out a few hours ago, and it's unlikely it changed anything related to notes. Are you saying this didn't happen before that?

What do you mean by "crashes", exactly?

Can you provide a Report ID?
  • edited August 16, 2018
    My bad: i didn't mean that it's started after 5.0.55 update, but i mean that it started at 5.XX.
    Sadly i don't think i can: i tried to use debug mode, but it just closes, so i wasn't able to save debug log.

Crashes — zotero is sometimes closing on [CTRL]+[V] combination, no errors or anything.
  • You can provide a Report ID anytime — I didn't mean after the crash.

So the app shuts down completely? Do you get an error message of any sort from Windows? What exact Windows 10 version?
  • Oh, okey, here it is — Report ID: 728136448

Yes, completely, no errors at all, no messages from Windows.

Win 10 // 10.0.17134 Build 17134
  • Yeah, nothing helpful in there.

Unfortunately you're the first to report this, and if it's been happening for a while it's likely something specific to your system. The times when it's happening regularly, you could try closing other programs (particularly any background utilities) on your computer to see if something is interfering. You should pay attention to the source and contents of the paste (rich-text, etc.) to see if there's a pattern there.
  • Oh okey, thank you!
    I'm not quite sure, but i think that it always happends when i paste from ABBYY Screenshot Reader, i will try to replicate a bug with another source. Also i suppose, but can't be sure, that it's plain text.
    Many thanks for advices, will report if i find a pattern.