Using Zotero online storage as a pure intermediary between two computers

I'm working on two computers and I want to be able to sync my libraries across them. My library exceeds the free storage limit, so I was wondering if I could do the following. I create a group library where I am the only member, and this group library is the only folder I sync. Every time I download a document in my local Zotero library and I want it to be available on the other computer, I make a copy of it in this group library, and I retrieve it / move it to its proper folder later on the other computer. After that, I delete it from the group library. Every now and then, I purge my online storage to be able to keep transferring files like that. I know it sounds like extra work but it's all done within Zotero - except for the infrequent online data purge - so I feel it's not too bad of an idea.

Any idea that would work better using the free Zotero storage option?
  • Your setup won’t work well. Zotero Groups rely on Zotero storage.

I recommend buying Zotero storage. It is the easiest method to set up, is reasonably priced compared to comparable services, and supports Zotero development.

Your other option is to use a WebDAV cloud storage provider to sync files in My Library. A list of services found to work with Zotero is available here (but any provider with WebDAV capabilities will work):
    https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/webdav_services