Re-finding deleted stuff

I have a very simple problem but unfortunately could not find a solution:

I deleted a complete folder/set and want to get it back.

as I deleted it already before zotero made the last automatic backup, as far as I see, it is not recreatable through this way by recovering from the last automatic backup. now I am wondering if there is not such a simple thing as a trash-folder somewhere to find, where I can check out if the deleted folder is in it. call me stupid, but by browsing through all my zotero- and storage-folders I could not find such a thing. any idea?
  • There is a trash folder in the Zotero 2.0 beta. There is no such mechanism in 1.0.
  • what probably means that its lost?
  • If you're using 1.0, are not keeping backups, and are certain that your zotero.sqlite.bak file would not have these records, then you probably cannot recover from your accidental deletion.

It'd be a good idea to implement a backup system to prevent such a mistake in the future (and the future version of zotero includes the trash functionality, to make recovery from some things quicker/easier).
  • thanks a lot for your hints, a back-up-system and 2.0 are installed and i am prepared fot the future ;-) thanks!