RE: multiple errors while syncing, inconsistent items in group library

Hi,

I appear to be having a problem when syncing. All other members on my team within our group library report a number (1571) inconsistent with mine (1630). Both standalone and online platforms show the inconsistent number. However, when checking the most recently added files, they align perfect. I checked for updates and the numbers remain the same. I have sent multiple error reports:

[JavaScript Error: "Error 400 for item GQYQLPR8 in HA Research Library:

ZoteroObjectUploadError: '' is not a valid linkMode"]

[JavaScript Error: "'' is not a valid linkMode" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1314}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1373}]

[JavaScript Error: "Made no progress during upload -- stopping" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync/syncEngine.js" line: 1373}]

version => 5.0.54, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.54, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.54, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.54, extension), Shockwave Flash (30.0.0.134, plugin)

Report ID: 779650043

Please advise.

Many thanks,
D.
  • Can you provide a Debug ID (different from a Report ID) for a sync attempt that produces an error?
  • D1827753576

Sorry about that, forgot to enable the output.
  • D1686065290

Also got this Debug ID after restarting the application
  • That's a very strange error. Can you check your database integrity from the Advanced → Files and Folders pane of the Zotero preferences?
  • If you paste GQYQLPR8 into the Zotero search bar in one of your group libraries, you can find the item that's triggering the error. For now, you're best off adding that item again and then deleting the old item and emptying the trash.

We'll have to look into how this happened. It looks like you first imported the PDF attached to that item a few weeks ago, and then a few minutes later added the parent item with only a title. That's the state you can see now in your online library. However, in your local version of Zotero, the child attachment was somehow converted into a full journal-article item. That shouldn't be possible, and it's causing this error.

If you have any recollection of the circumstances surrounding the adding of that item, or if you were using any Zotero plugins at the time that you've since uninstalled, let us know.