WebDAV -6

I get a -6 error when I try to verify the server for WebDAV. I am trying to connect to my university's webfiles system. I can upload files to it as a networked drive within Vista, but not from Zotero. I can give you the full error code, but don't know how to print out the report. When I use the instructions to get the report running "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -console" is cannot find the program, yet I checked and firefox is in the mozilla firefox folder.

Thank you for your time
  • It is an HTTP 500 server error. You might try to use DAV more from another client (creating the zotero subdirectory & putting files in it, for example) and/or review how to set DAV up.

Since this is a server issue, you might need to refer to your IT department for more info.
  • I need some help with this same error. I get "-6" when I click the "Verify Server" button in Zotero Perferences (version 2.0b6.4). (I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 client and server and accessing server over the Internet via http.)

I have read access to my WebDAV server from Firefox, at the correct URL.

But in cadaver, I get an error:
    edit test_file.txt
    Locking `test_file.txt': failed:
    500 Internal Server Error

The following site indicates a potential solution:
    http://www.digital-arcanist.com/sanctum/article.php?story=20070427101250622

I setup WebDAV using those instructions:

# Create LockDB file for WebDAV
    Next we need to set up a DAVLockDB file for WebDAV to use. This is a very important step, as you'll wind up with Internal Server Errors if you try to use WebDAV without it.

mkdir /usr/share/apache2/var
    touch /usr/share/apache2/var/DAVLock
    chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/apache2/var

Any ideas what to try next?
  • RESOLVED DAVLockDB issue. I simply changed back to the apache2 default DAVLockDB location, contrary to the instructions linked in my previous post. (In Ubuntu, see /etc/apache2/mods-available/dav_fs.conf)
  • You shouldn't actually need a lock database, since Zotero is designed to work with Class 1 WebDAV servers that don't support locking. Maybe Apache just didn't have write access to the directory? At any rate, glad to hear it's working now.