Chrome: drag link or right click menu to add PDF

I've asked about this before, but can't find the forum entry right now. My understanding is that you should be able to drag a PDF link from a within a page (not from the location bar) into Zotero, and the PDF will be added... However, on chrome that doesn't work.

Also, in the right-click menu, there's no 'save link to Zotero' option (while of course helpfully you can save the selection as a note).

Any thoughts on this?
  • Yeah, that doesn't work in current versions of Chrome. Last I checked, it wasn't clear that we could fix it in the current version of Zotero, though we should be able to fix this in the future.

Obviously if you view the PDF in Zotero you can just click the "Save to Zotero" button, or if the PDF is linked from an article you'd just click Back and save from there instead.

If you don't view PDFs in Chrome and it's a PDF without an article page, you'd need to save to disk and then drag to Zotero from there. (We're also planning to make it possible to just open a PDF via Zotero to add it to your library.)
  • Obviously if you view the PDF in Zotero you can just
    Just to avoid future confusion, this should read "if you view the PDF in Chrome" of course