Zotero 5 for ARM? (Raspberry Pi)

I have been an enthusiastic user of Zotero for years. I am now doing most of my computing on a Raspberry Pi 3b+ which has an ARM processor. Zotero 4 works fine but full support is about to stopped for that version and it will no longer sync from Aug 1. This will make it far less useful for my workflow.
Is Zotero 5 available in an ARM version?
If not, are there any plans to develop one?
Or advice about how to go about doing so myself?
Failing all that, does anyone know of a full Zotero version for the cli? (zotero-cli is good but does not allow editing of entries or adding new ones.)
Many thanks.
  • I assume you're talking about Linux here? And when you say that Zotero 4 works, you just mean that there's a version of Firefox for ARM Linux and you're using the old Firefox extension?

We have no current plans to create an ARM version, but after the switch to Electron next year it should be possible for someone set up cross-compilation for ARM Linux.
  • I appreciate the very quick response.
    Yes, Linux. But I'm actually using Zotero 4 standalone with a Firefox plug-in and that seems to work fine.
    I understand there's nothing I can do about this now but when the switch to Electron happens, I hope someone sets up an ARM compilation. (I might give it a try but I'm not sure I have enough expertise.)
    Thanks again for an outstanding piece of software.
  • edited July 26, 2018
    Well, we certainly weren't building Zotero 4 for ARM Linux. We just distributed i686 and x86_64 versions. Are you using a package from your distro? If so, you'd have to ask the package maintainers (who would have to build the Zotero 5 client from a newer Firefox-for-ARM-Linux base).
  • Yes, it was a Debian package. I didn't realize that didn't come from you but of course you are right.
    Here is the zotero-standalone in the Debian repository: https://packages.debian.org/stretch/zotero-standalone
    And it does indeed look like the developers are working on a v5 which is still in development and has not been released:
    https://qa.debian.org/cgi-bin/watch?pkg=zotero-standalone-build
  • edited October 22, 2018
    Do I understand correctly that at the moment still there is no way to have v5 on a Raspberry Pi which can sync files with a WEBDAV server and the Zotero database under Raspbian?

I just tried out the v4 Zotero which came with the latest Raspbian and found out that synchronisation is not working any more with v4, no dirs and files appeared on my WEBDAV server.

Is there any other Linux version for the Raspberry Pi which would offer syncing?
  • I love zotero and would like to install on a chrome or windows tablet running an arm processor.Has anyone found a method to compile or get zotero5 working on an arm device.
    Thanks
  • Any development?

Thanks
  • Nothing new, but note that the move to Electron that dstillman mentions in his post above has not yet happened (and is still planned), so that's still the most likely way this is going to happen.