Zotero connector no longer saving URLS in Hein Online

Can anyone help troubleshoot? All the basic fields get saved -- name, title, short Bluebook title, journal, pages, date, volume -- but not the URL. SSRN works fine.
  • Can you post a specific URL?
  • Thanks. We'll take a look.
  • Just to clarify -- I discovered out by trial and error that if I right-click on the Zotero connector icon, and then hover over "Save to Zotero" in the dropdown menu, and then click on "Save to Zotero (COinS)", and then wait for a menu with two checkboxes to popup, and then click in the first checkbox only, and then click "OK" --- then the URL and metadata will be properly saved. But going through all these steps is very cumbersome, especially if I am trying to save multiple articles. It used to be the case that I could just click once on the icon (with hovertext "Save to Zotero (HeinOnline)") and it would save properly.
  • HeinOnline has implemented an update to correct this problem, URLs are now being saved correctly.
  • Excellent. The problem is fixed now. Thanks!
  • But I am now encountering a similar problem with APA Psycnet - Zotero Connector cannot save anything except the web screenshot - no metadata. Is the problem with Zotero connector, or APA?

Here is a sample URL.

http://psycnet.apa.org/fulltext/2016-59847-001.html

Thanks again.
  • That's our issue. Not sure how quickly we'll be able to fix this. I don't have access to APA Psycnet through APA and the fulltext pages redirect for me; we've also had no end of trouble with the new Psycnet interface in the first place. I've added this to the issue here: https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/1676
  • Thanks for the follow up. In the meantime, I found that I can use Zotero Connector to grab the citation and metadata from ResearchGate.
  • Or just change the “fulltext” part of the URL to “record”
  • (ResearchGate doesn’t provide any structured metadata for articles, so it is not a good source for importing to Zotero)
  • Actually, I was able to import metadata from ResearchGate using Zotero Connector in Chrome. Try it and see.

I also tried substituting the “fulltext” part of the URL to “record” on Psycnet, as you suggested, and got an error message ["Could not locate the requested record"]. Did you actually try this yourself?

• IIRC RG works well if you're not logged in...
  • Sorry, you also have to delete the .html at the end of the URL
  • Confirming that it also works when deleting the .html. But easier to just use the basic RG URL. Thanks for the alternate suggestion.