Moving text - citations error

I am using Zotero on MacOs Sierra and writting my text with Word version 16.15. I have insert citations in my text but then moved some part of it in other chapters/sections. I have refreshed the citations in Word, thinking that it will adapt the citations. However, now my citations look like that:

"Heintze, supra note 1 à la p 7. Heintze, supra note 3 à la p 7.Heintze, supra note 3 à la p 7.Heintze, supra note 3 à la p 7." or "Ibid. Ibid.Ibid."

Do you know how to correct this error? Thanks in advance.
  • Which citation style?
    How exactly did you insert the citations? Did you insert a Word footnote and put citations into it or did you insert the citation entirely with Zotero?
  • I am using the French version of the Canadian Guide to Uniform Legal Citation. No, I have directly used Zotero.
  • And just to fully understand, what´s wrong about the above citations? Normally, moving text and clicking refresh should be all you need to do.
  • It seems that instead of refreshing the citation, it add the new citation after the old one...
  • And just to be clear, you are just cutting and pasting normally? Not, for example, pasting as “text only”?
  • No, just cutting and pasting.
  • You should go into Zotero -> Preferences -> Cite -> Word Processors and (re)install the Word plugin, after which you will have to manually remove these citations (make sure to remove at least one character surrounding them too) and re-insert them. Word update 16.9 made some changes that broke Zotero plugin. For most users updating Zotero solves the issues, but some need to manually reinstall the Word plugin first.
  • A late comment that may be helpful. This happens to me if I don't have Zotero itself open but am only using the plugin in Microsoft Word. Without Zotero open, it can't refresh.