Suggestion: Distinct feedback on "remove from collection" vs "move to trash"

I'd prefer more distinct popups for "remove from collection" vs "move to trash" (on mac, that's delete vs. apple-delete). E.g. the "move to trash" popup could have a different icon, or be a red popup. I think it's too easy to get confused otherwise.

Also, or alternatively, the option to remap (eg) the key for "move to trash" to something more distinct would be helpful!
  • i too think it is very important a strong differentiation between the two "remove from collection" and "move to trash".
    remove from collection could be easy (1 key) while move to trash (which is potentially disruptive) should require more than key, or possibly it should pass by some type of (popup) menu
  • Both currently have a pop-up and that's by design. Previously, remove from collection did not require OKing a pop-up and that caused a lot of grief.

The question bjohas raises is whether they should have a different pop-up. I don't have any opinion on that -- not sure how much styling in pop-up Zotero's GUI framework allows, though.
  • i have a better description of what i previously said recalling (wrongly!) my experience.
    "del" key has 2 different actions:
    if you are in a collection, it removes the item from the collection;
    if you are in (my)library, it moves (all the instances of) the item into the trash.

but until you are not sufficiently experienced/knowledgeable it can be a small nightmare
  • @gapplef (via https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/75158/feature-requests-change-the-keyboard-shortcut-for-delete-collection/p1)

I definitely think it would be good to offer some more fine-grained control over those keyboard shortcuts - e.g. have different bindings, the option to disable them, or to replace them with very complex shortcuts for trashing...
  • > The question bjohas raises is whether they should have a different pop-up. I don't have any opinion on that -- not sure how much styling in pop-up Zotero's GUI framework allows, though.

Just to say that I'd still love to have different popups for this. Esp for new users, it's really good to make those different actions visually distinct. Maybe one for Zotero 7?