Zotero Plug-in for Word 2011 Mac

Hi there,

Having a few problems with this.

I installed Zotero, but it did not add the word plug - in. There is also not an option to download it under tools in the Zotero standalone 5.0.53. Therefore i downloaded the Zotero.dot zip file and added the extracted file to/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Office/Startup/Word.

The Zotero tool bar now appears on start up and it seems to be the only way to get it. Does not appear under script either.

The problem is when I click on insert Citation or any other button i get this message

Zotero Integration error. - Zotero could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate extension is installed and try again.

Please help.
  • edited July 14, 2018
    Go to Tools → Add-ons → Extensions in Zotero and make sure the Zotero Word for Mac Integration extension is enabled. You should then be able to reinstall the plugin properly from the Cite pane of the preferences.
  • Ok, I will give that a go. Thanks
  • Go to tools in Zotero itself? When I go to extensions in Zotero only Zotero LibreOffice Integration is present. I had already tried doing reinstalling and it still does this.
  • Also just to mention is Word 2011 0n Mac
  • You don't see Zotero Word for Mac Integration listed at all in Tools → Add-ons → Extensions in Zotero? Can you provide a Report ID?
  • I did what you said.

The number I was given was 305509916. Not much more info.

Sorry, it took a while to respond. My partner is currently studying on the laptop.
  • Weird. Try closing Zotero, opening your Zotero profile directory, and deleting extensions.ini and extensions.json. Then reinstall Zotero from the download page, making sure you completely replace your existing copy. Then try again.
  • I could kiss you dstillman. It is working now :-)

Now just to figure out the prefixes for books cited in another. Used to the windows way but I am sure it will be ok.

Thanks so much.