Regular unstable behaviour since importing some pdfs

I have imported a bunch of PDFs today, and since then Zotero regularly shows me “An error has occurred, please restart Zotero” in the central pane normally listing all objects in the current library. (88124680 is one such error.) It is not unlikely that one of these PDFs was corrupted (incomplete download or something like that) when I tried to import it.

For the first such required restart, it also complained about an error in one of key3.db, cert8.db (or one other file, but it was very unstable when showing that error message and before I could copy the file name, the error message was gone. Deleting these two files made it restart properly afterwards, with the expected need to log-in anew for sync.)

My subjective impression (which may be a red herring) is that this error occurs (or is more likely to occur) after I tried to move objects between libraries, I'll pay more attention next time.
  • File '…' not found after processing download
    You're getting lots of these sync errors in the debug output, which are likely related to security software on your system interfering with the files Zotero writes to disk during syncing. (The same thing could have been affecting the key3.db/cert8.db files.)

You can try temporarily disabling auto-sync in the Sync pane of the preferences to confirm that the instability is due to syncing.