Zotero Crashing Word

Hi everyone,
Zotero have been working fine on my laptop until this morning. Every time I try to add a citation Word 2016 crashes and a message saying: 'Zotero experienced an error updating your document. The remote procedure call failed [insertfieldraw:document.cpp]
The report ID is 736617552
I have already checked for Zotero updates, restarted my computer, uninstalled and installed Zotero.
Any advice?
  • Does this happen in a new empty document?
  • edited July 3, 2018
    Try the Zotero Beta and report if that's better.
  • I have been working on the document for a couple of weeks now, and until yesterday Zotero was fine
  • Zotero Beta worked fine for a few minute, and crashed again.
    I restarted word and Zotero and it's been working fine for the last 15 minute.
    Thanks
  • And it crashed Word again:

JavaScript Error: "The remote procedure call failed.
    [insertFieldRaw:document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "The RPC server is unavailable.
    [cleanup:document.cpp]"]

version => 5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.9.SA.5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extension)
  • Are you having this issue in a new empty document? (I understand that it is not working in your existing document. I am trying to troubleshoot.)
  • I tried opening a new document and Zotero is working fine, but it was working fine on my previous document for 15 - 20 minutes before it crashed the Beta version.
    I'll play with it for a couple of more minutes and see if anything changes
  • I re-opened the old document (my PhD dissertation) and it crashed imminently after hitting the 'add citation' button. When I reopened both the dissertation and the new document and hit 'add citation' on the new document - Word crashed again.
    I restarted Zotero and both documents - and Word crashed again.
    I restarted Zotero with the new document only - and 'ad citation' crashed Word again.

[JavaScript Error: "The remote procedure call failed.
    [insertFieldRaw:document.cpp]"]

[JavaScript Error: "The RPC server is unavailable.
    [cleanup:document.cpp]"]

version => 5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 10.0; WOW64, locale => en-US, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.14.SA.5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.9.SA.5.0.53-beta.7+da9537c5e, extension)
  • after an hour of work Zotero started crashing my Word 2016 document again.
    I would appreciate any help.

Report ID 639421291
  • @bhovav Do you have an official installation of Word? Do you use any other 3rd party plugins with it? Do you run any security software?
  • I have an official Office 365 license including Word

On the plugin list i see the following programs:
    Telephone number (XML)
    Zotero.dot
    Zotero.dotm
    contcts
    date
    Measure convertor

I use Windows defender

• Does it help if you disable any of the plugins?
  • I will try to do it