Errors Creating Bibliography

I receive errors when I try to create a bibliography for a large document. Here is one example: Field reference lost @[insertFieldRaw:document.m:1363]

Using the debugging steps, I broke the document into four smaller documents and I was able to create a bibliography for each of the small documents. When I put two of the four pieces back together, I received the above error when I generated the bibliography.

Also - is there a progress bar or status indicator I can use to check how much of the document has been refreshed or whether Zotero is working on the bibliography? I click the buttons and then nothing obvious happens, so I don't know whether I need to click again or wait while it's working.
  • I also think Zotero is possessed. Multiple times, I have received messages like the one below, and I am absolutely certain I did not modify the citation. It modified itself:

You have modified this citation since Zotero generated it. Do you want to keep your modifications and prevent future updates?

Clicking "Yes" will prevent Zotero from updating this citation if you add additional citations, switch styles, or modify the item to which it refers. Clicking "No" will erase your changes.

Original: (Barreno & Traut, 2012)
    Modified: (Bahr, 2009)

Related? "Ba..." for both. Part of the long update process? I'm on a Mac using High Sierra version 10.13.5
  • Hi - Just checking to see if anyone has ideas about my Zotero issues. I encountered the bogus "You have modified this citation..." notification again yesterday. I can't help but think these issues are related. Thanks for your help.
  • It seems like your document is has a great deal of corruption. Run through these steps to see if you can locate the corrupt citations and remove them:
    https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents

@adomasven This sounds like this other recent report: https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/comment/311098#Comment_311098
  • Hi - thank you for your reply. As I mentioned, I’ve already gone through the debugging steps. I discovered when I broke the document into different parts that none of the individual parts presented a problem. It was when I combined two parts that I got the bibliography error. What do I do now?
  • Re-combine them one section at a time to see when the issue becomes apparent.