deleted items in a shared library

I added items from my personal library to a group library. But I wanted to change some of the formatting. So I deleted the items from the group library, updated the items in my personal library, and moved the updated items from my personal library back to the group library. But in the group library, the items show up as they were before the edits were made.

Do I need to delete *permanently* all the unedited items from the trash of the group library and then move the edited items from my library to the group library again? (In other words, when I drag and drop the edited items from my personal library to the group library, is the group library recognizing that they are the same items as those in the trash and simply moving them as they are in the trash back to the collection? Please excuse my ignorance about how Zotero functions.)
  • Do I need to delete *permanently* all the unedited items from the trash of the group library and then move the edited items from my library to the group library again?
    Currently yes. Improvements for this sort of workflow have been discussed for quite some time, but I don't know how far they are in terms of implementation.