not able to renew zotero storage because my "current storage exceeds plan quota"

I just received notification that my zotero storage plan needs to be renewed. So I went to the page as directed, clicked "renew" but then got a message "current storage exceeds plan quota" and won't allow me to renew. At the moment I'm purchasing 6G storage, how do I renew without going to the "unlimited" storage?
  • I guess the answer depends on what you actually want/need. As the message says, you're actually currently using more than 6GB storage already, so Zotero won't let you buy just 6GB.

I think you can force Zotero to do this and then sync a random 6GB of your files, but is that actually what you want? -- given that Zotero doesn't let you pick which files are synced, that seems a bit useless.

It would seem like you'd either want to remove enough files to dip below 6GB or you'd want to buy unlimited storage, no?
  • I'd like to remove enough files to dip below the 6 GB. Of late I've been downloading the pdfs and saving them to OneDrive folder, which is free. So I don't use file storage at Zotero any more, at least if I understand how it works.
  • If you don't want to use file sync anymore, then just disable it and stop paying for storage.

If you want to partly use Zotero storage, I think the easiest way would be to move more files from Zotero storage to OneDrive -- ZotFile would help you do that easily -- until you go below 6GB on sync