conflict copy of sqlite

just started using zotero today. I have it installed on 2 macs (both running 10.5.7). I have and have my zotero folder in my dropbox folder on each machine. I have changed the storage location on both machine to reflect this. I did this on each individual machine while firefox was closed on the other. I have automatic syncing turned off on both machines.
I have added some references to machine A and allowed them to sync to dropbox then closed firefox and opened firefox on the machine B. It took a while, but the references eventually showed up on machine B. While waiting for the references to appear (because my previous experience with dropbox was that it syncs very quickly) i checked my zotero folder in dopbox and I noticed this in the folder:

zotero (iMac's conflicted copy 2009-05-29) (iMac's conflicted copy 2009-05-29).sqlite-journal

Im not sure if this means that I have done something incorrect and that I need to fix something before really proceeding to fill my reference base? Any ideas/help is appreciated.
  • Most people who use dropbox (or other third-party sync services/tools) sync only the storage directory & rely on zotero to sync the databases (so have syncing w/ your zotero username/pass enabled on both machines).

If you have firefox open on both machines at once (or even if your third-party sync tool isn't able to complete before you start firefox), you WILL have conflicts with the database & there may be no good way to resolve them.
  • Thanks for the info. Just wondering how one could sync only the storage directory with dropbox and the database with zotero?
  • Seems like a question to ask dropbox. I don't use it, so can't help you.
  • I guess what I need to know is how to keep the library in the zotero folder in firefox yet have the storage file in dropbox. I tried moving only the storage file to dropbox and change the storage file location in preferences, but zotero creates a new library in the dropbox folder. Any help is appreciated.