Incorporate metadata into PDF from zotero database

I have a number of scanned pdfs. I have filled all necessary fields, but if I share these pdfs with somebody, all bibliographic data will be lost. Is it possible to include bibliographic data from zotero into pdf metadata? This would be a very useful option.
I found some software that can inject metadata into pdf. But what is the most suitable names for metadata records and subsections in view of the following import?
Thanks.
  • It's not possible from within Zotero and very few software products take advantage of PDF embedded metadata (not least because it's very rarely any good) so even if you shared your PDFs with metadata with someone, unless they were using JabRef, it's unlikely that'd help at all.
  • Thanks for reply. But how do publishers add that data? Why official papers are usually well recognised? How to achieve the same behaviour with my own files?
    May be it is possible to add last page with full bibliography details? What is the most suitable format?
    Thanks!
  • Publishers typically don't add that data. Zotero recognizes their papers because they have DOIs on the first page or because it identifies the title and is able to get the metadata from CrossRef. It doesn't look in the PDF metadata itself. It looks it up online.
  • The best way to get your PDFs to automatically be recognized by Zotero is to deposit them in a preprint server like https://osf.io (putting the DOI it gives you on the first page would help even more).