Convert personal library into a group library?

Good Morning,
I'd like to convert my personal library into a group library so that my research group can see it (I'd make it read-only for them, though!). I think this could improve the intellectual discourse in my research group. Is this possible to do? Note that I don't want to export everything into a brand new library, because then the Date Added field gets reset, and this is very valuable information for me. This would only work if I can retain all data, including Date Added.
Thanks!!
Best,
Raf
  • As a quick response, I believe converting your personal library to group library is not possible. You could create a group and move items to it, but that will reset the Date Added.

But wait for other expert users to look at this and respond. I hope I'm wrong!
  • It's not possible to convert your My Library to a group library. If you want, you can make your My Library public on Zotero.org at https://www.zotero.org/settings/privacy

As an alternative to Date Added, would referring to the Accessed field work for you?

@dstillman I believe that you had mentioned adding an option to retain the original Date Added and Date Modified values when importing Zotero RDF. Is there a general ETA on when that might be available?