An error occured communicating with Zotero [Solved]

edited June 12, 2018
Hi,

Since this morning (I updated LibreOffice, Mozilla and Zotero...), I've this message as I want to add some citations to my document :

"Zotero a rencontré une erreur lors de la mise à jour de votre document.

An error occurred communicating with Zotero:
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.star.uno.Any cannot be cast to java.lang.String
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.ReferenceMark.setText(ReferenceMark.java:230)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.execute(CommMessage.java:147)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommMessage.getBytes(CommMessage.java:61)
at org.zotero.integration.ooo.comp.CommServer.run(CommServer.java:84)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) "

It's for my internship report, for tomorrow so I don't want to rewrite or reinsert all citations.

- Citations insertion works in a completely new file but not when I copy/paste my text in a new file
- I follow all the steps from here: https://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
but nothing worked
Here is the report ID : 258536336

I was previously on LibreOffice 6; tried to get back to LO 5.1.6.2 but the problem is still there.

I don't know how to solve that...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Nolwenn
  • If this doesn't happen in a new document, the debugging steps pretty much have to work, by definition. Note Step 8 in particular.

And you should use the latest version. 5.1 is old.
  • I return on LO 6.0.4.2.

I tested step 8 again, thanks. It seems the problem is when I want to add citations to text with a Title Style. I don't know why it was working until yesterday and not today anymore...