Are public Zotero libraries indexed by Google Scholar?

Following on from this thread https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/71734/making-a-page-generic-connector-friendly I looked at the public Zotero libraries and their items, and it doesn't seem that they have item-specific tags? From the load circle, I guess perhaps the item info is loaded dynamically via the API, so it's not possible for the item to have tags? It would be very cool if public Zotero libraries were indexed by Google Scholar. (As far as I can see anyway...)

• To answer your specific question -- no.

GS indexes items that fit some criteria for permanency. Only Google seems to know the speifics of what they use to aid their choice of what to index. I am contacted by GS 2 or 3 times a year with various requests concerning updates to tag structure, xml site-maps, etc. Years ago I was asked to drop 2 Highwire tags that they deprecated but a couple of years ago they asked if I would go back to using the tags. They also have a great deal to say about things that affect the page-load speed on my site -- they are very serious about my site being quick. They make very specific suggestions about script placement and order and about CSS issues. I've had comments about the file size of images. A GS request is why I added a BibTeX metadata download option in addition to the RIS option.
  • edited June 9, 2018
    Many thanks!! Really interesting to hear about this!