Editing properties of several references at once

Hi,
I'm cleaning my Library and looking for a way to edit the properties of several items at once (for instance, changing the language of several items to "English" instead of "Englisch"/"Anglais"/"en"/whatever is in the pdf metadata.

Is there any way I can do this, and avoid having to change the properties of each individual reference?

Thanks
  • If you program with python, you can do batch editing with PyZotero. But there is no more user friendly way to batch edit items right now. Batch editing is planned for Zotero 5.2.
  • Might you be able to point to the current documentation and tutorials, if any, in Python or JS, does not matter. There seem to be a lot of outdated instructions on the web that do not work.
  • https://github.com/urschrei/pyzotero is the python library to use, with very good documentation. I'm not aware of any tutorials using it, though, or specific examples for bulk editing.

FWIW, the recommended string for language is the 2-letter ISO abbreviation, i.e. en rather than English.