Style Error: [Animal Migration]

Here is a link to the instructions for authors for the Animal Migration reference style:
https://www.degruyter.com/view/supplement/s20848838_Instruction_for_Authors.pdf

and an example citation:
Kulig P., Zabel B.A., Dubin G., Allen S.J., Ohyama T., Potempa J., et al., Staphylococcus aureus-derived staphopain B, a potent cysteine protease activator of plasma chemerin, J. Immunol., 2007, 178, 3713-3720

The current output in Word is missing periods in the abbreviated journal and a comma between the journal title and year. It currently looks something like this:
Grönroos J., Green M., Alerstam T., To fly or not to fly depending on winds: shorebird migration in different seasonal wind regimes, Anim Behav 2012, 83, 1449–1457
  • Thx. We'll look at it :)
  • edited June 7, 2018
    @hvz
    - comma between container-title and year-date: fixed-
    - short container-title punctuation: that's set correct in the style. Can you check how that is entered in your Zotero? There is a "Journal Abbrv" field. What's in there for you?

I get this:
    [1] Campbell J.L., Pedersen O.K., The varieties of capitalism and hybrid success, Comp. Polit. Stud., 2007, 40, 307–332

Download here by right clicking: https://github.com/POBrien333/styles/raw/90053da3e5de4cdf575000024b5676cdba70c411/animal-migration.csl

Seems like some of their recent publications also use an author-date style...

• @damnation

Thanks for fixing this!
    -the commas are working properly between title and year.

-I did not realize I had to manually correct the periods in the journal abbreviation of the Journal Abbr field, but if I do so, the reference renders correctly in Word.
    Grönroos J., Green M., Alerstam T., To fly or not to fly depending on winds: shorebird migration in different seasonal wind regimes, Anim. Behav., 2012, 83, 1449–1457

-I didn't know about changes to the recent publications, I was just going by the instructions to authors document.
  • Re the container-title abbreviations, I think it can do this automatically if left empty. You could check. The field might be there in order to override the database. (Not 100% sure :) )
  • I thought it could do it automatically as well, but it definitely wasn't doing so for this style (empty or with an abbreviation sans periods).
  • You don't have to leave Journal Abbr empty. If you use the Word plugin, make sure that "Automatically abbreviate journal titles using MEDLINE" is enabled in the Document Preferences. If it is, Zotero will ignore the Journal Abbr field and automatically abbreviate.

But, outside of the word processors, yes, Zotero can strip periods, but not put missing periods back in. So if you enter the abbreviation in the Journal Abbr field (for creating bibliographies outside of a word processor), you should include the periods.
  • edited June 11, 2018
    Thank you for the clarification. I knew there was some form of automation for this. :)
  • Thanks, this is good to know. I did not have the "Automatically abbreviate journal titles using MEDLINE" enabled, so that is why the automation wasn't working.