Database corruption after using openoffice plugin

Hello, I installed the zotero openoffice plugin and used it successfully one time. After closing openoffice, I was no longer able to open zotero through firefox or openoffice. I tried removing zotero completely, reinstalling zotero, and then importing my references from a previous backup. However, the backup fails and returns an error asking me to check the validity of the backup.

Any suggestions?

About my system:
Ubuntu 9.04 jaunty
Firefox 3.0.10
Zotero 2.0b4
OpenOffice 3.0.1
Zotero OpenOffice plugin 2.0a2
  • Database corruption couldn't really be related to use of the word processor plugins.

It would help if you would provide a bit more detail on the problem, including specific error messages you're receiving. See also the Zotero data page, which explains the Zotero data directory structure. Assuming you still have your original database, try the DB Repair Tool.
  • Unfortunately, I do not have the original error after using the openoffice plugin. There was a yellow error symbol over the zotero logo, and it would not allow me to open zotero. I could however open the preferences through tools > add-ons.

Here are the errors that I receive when I try to import from the backup file:

Pop-up window:
    '[JavaScript Application] An error occurred while trying to import the selected file. Please ensure that the file is valid and try again.'

In zotero:
    'An error has occurred. Please restart Firefox.

You can report this error by selecting "Report Errors..." from the Actions (gear) menu.'

Thanks for letting me know about the DB repair tool. I erased this database but I have one on another computer that I should be able to copy and test.
  • Note that import/export is not the recommended backup/restore mechanism. Always maintain a backup of your Zotero data directory (including database files).

What format are you trying to import & have you tried to import a subset of the file and/or checked the forums for known issues with file import?