Zotero Integration Error

Hi--I'm a Mac User with Zotero 5.047 and Word 2011 14.7.7. I've got a large book manuscript that has been working fine but suddenly started giving me a Zotero Integration Error message today. Every time that I try to add a new citation it crashes Word. The message reads: OSStatus error-609.) @[getDocument:application.m:83]

Any fixes? Desperate for help as I am in the last stages of a very long project with many chapters and many footnotes.

Thanks,
Josh
  • Hi
    The report ID for this problem is: 1704148845

Thanks!
  • Does it work well in a new document? If it does, run through the debugging broken documents steps.
  • Thanks--Zotero does not appear to work with ANY document. I tried the debugging broken document steps (except for the last one where you divide the document in half--my book manuscript is 436 pages long). I also tried copying everything to a new file--same error. I tried citing from my Zotero database in a completely new file and also got the error message. The problem seems to be in linking any Word file to Zotero.
  • Did anything change in your system regarding the Word installation recently? Have you tried restarting your Mac?
  • Hi,
    Thanks for your help--I'm in limbo at the moment. I have a feeling that my problem is related to the fact that I recently got a new Mac in my office with a more recent version of Word. I keep my manuscript on the cloud and work on it with two computers--and my laptop is not updated to the same OS or the same versions of Word.

The good news is that everything seems to be working when I use the latest computer with updated Word and OS in my office.

Unfortunately, I tried to tackle too many problems at once--when I tried to update the OS on the older computer I had a system failure and I'll have to take that one in to be rebuilt. My hope is that when I get everything on the same page I'll be back to normal.

I appreciate your help!