Custom PDF Metadata

Hi,

I am writing about the "Retrieve PDF Metadata" feature. I am creating some PDF documents, and I want my customized bibliography info to be embeded in the PDF, so anyone importing the pdf through this feature imports the correct bibliography data. I know how to embed DOI in the pdf, but for a document that does not have a doi (like a report or lecture note), how can I embed the correct data in the PDF using pdtex?
  • This may have changed, but I don't think it has: Zotero does not import any metadata directly embedded into the PDF other than identifiers like DOI, ISBN, and arXiv ID, so you can't embed metadata.

It's trivially easy now to get a DOI for any document for free (e.g. figshare, Zenodo), so why not just do that?
  • I use for metadata import to the pdf files the Adobe Acrobat, but this is payed tool.
  • It's absolutely possible to add metadata to PDFs -- it's in XMP format and should follow Dublin Core metadata properties.
    I just don't believe Zotero pays any attention to it because it's note just rare, it's also very frequently completely useless.

http://www.becyhome.de/becypdfmetaedit/description_eng.htm is a free tool that allows you to edit the PDF metadata.