Zotero option on long-press of zotero icon not working in Safari?

When you long-press on the zotero icon in the toolbar, it opens a small menu of options to save the current page in different ways.

Lately I'm finding if I click on one of these options, nothing happens.

Safari 11.1 (13605.1.33.1.4), Zotero standalone 5.0.47, Zotero connector current (says 5.0.36; I did install 5.0.39 but the version number didn't go up after the installation).
  • Could you submit a Report ID from the Safari Connector?
  • says 5.0.36; I did install 5.0.39 but the version number didn't go up after the installation
    It doesn't update while you're still in the Extensions pane, but if you return to it it should show the updated version.

This should mostly be fixed in 5.0.39, though there may still be some weirdness — I've found that I sometimes need to click a few times for it to go through. We haven't fully tracked down what's causing this.
  • I tried closing the Extensions pane & re-opening it before reporting this. I ought to have tried rebooting the browser, but having starting my post I didn't feel like losing it! (Sorry!)

Good luck with fixing it. (I do a bit coding myself; bug tracking can fun…)

I could report it if that'd help; will try later. I don't have a Report ID, though: there's no action in this case, not a error message, etc.
  • I tried closing the Extensions pane & re-opening it before reporting this.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you still see 5.0.36 after reopening Extensions? Because this was definitely broken in 5.0.36.
    I don't have a Report ID
    You can always provide a Report ID, even if there's no action.
  • *Sigh* Looks as if in addition to updating the extension, you have to reboot the browser.

Sorry for causing any trouble - thanks for the quick response, though - good work.

The extension is now on 5.0.39, and it *looks* as if the long-press functionality is back again.