Style Error: Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation

The style for the publication Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation has an error in it. The current in text citation is superscript number, but the reference is actually suppose to be "[number]", ie. number in brackets.

Here's an example.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1083879117300757
  • I have the same problem with Bone and Marrow Transplantation from Nature publishing. Thay want "[number]" in brackets. Could you repare it? Yesterday I looked for stlye which will fix into these "vancouver" style of these journal, but I cannot find anything. Always was something different - main points are the number in brackets, six authors and than et al. and doi references in the case of e-pub publication. Thank you
  • edited May 22, 2018
    Hi @paullin and @Swebi.k

This journal's style is just a dependent style for the AMA style.

Also, from the author guidelines of the journal;
    "References
    There are no strict requirements on reference formatting at submission. References can be in any style or format as long as the style is consistent. Where applicable, author(s) name(s), journal title/book title, chapter title/article title, year of publication, volume number/book chapter and the pagination must be present. Use of DOI is highly encouraged. The reference style used by the journal will be applied to the accepted article by Elsevier at the proof stage. Note that missing data will be highlighted at proof stage for the author to correct."

So just use a style and the typesetters will do the rest for you.

( @adamsmith this one is a Springer/Elsevier journal. Should we maybe make this a dependent of a numeric Elsevier style or something?)
  • edited May 22, 2018
    For Elsevier our list should be pretty accurate. I'd keep it they way they told us to, i.e. AMA.

Springer journals are more likely to be incorrect on their list, which is also less frequently updated, so I'm more inclined to make changes there.

edit: also, the style does look like AMA otherwise.
  • Thanks for clarifying.