RTF ODT to citations produces a citations.odt that are not recoginsed

Good Afternoon re. report ID 1345884400

LO version 5.4.4.2 (x64)
Zotero 5.0.47
PC windows 7

I have been using scannable citations in Libre Office just fine and converting Scannable citations to regular citations, as I use scrivener in part of my worklfow. I had latest version but on reading

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/71683/cannot-manage-to-show-full-citation-in-openoffice-after-importing-from-scrivener-with-rtf-odt/p1
revert to 5.0.47 same error.

Citations created by the ODF - citations is not working; it produces fields wihich are not recognised by LO eg " Hillman, & Dalziel, 2003" (note no brackets) and when I try to use the Zotero plugin to rereshm add/edit biography i get you must insert a citation before performing this operation. LO see these citations as fields

I have a screenshot but don't know how to attach it-Soory newbie to forum.

• What happens when you click "Document Preferences" and select a citation style?
  • Thank you that fixes it. Second question, sometimes within the same session I can then can't click and drag Citations from Zotero into LO. Is there an equally simple magic to fix this issue. Apologies for adding a second question, in same thread?
  • I'd recommended against click&drag of citations into an active document -- instead use the Zotero add-on for LibreOffice.
    But you should be _able_ to drag&drop without problems, can't see any reason that wouldn't work. Try dragging to some other place and see if that works.
  • Noted about click and drag. All seems to be working again. Thanks for speedy and helpful response.