Style Error: Unified style sheet for linguistics journals

Hello,

I use Zotero 5.0.47 on different platforms with Firefox as the main browser. The above style (01.01.2015 and before) has in my view an error which has been there for a long time, but I have never come round to reporting it.

In books that are part of a series, a period is inserted between volume title and the series' title in the parentheses. The guide seems to be silent on this issue, but the two examples that are listed don't use a period to separate these two elements. The two relevant examples are found on p. 1, paragraph 3 and p. 4, the third example from the top:

https://www.linguisticsociety.org/sites/default/files/style-sheet_0.pdf

Also the sp.bst, which implements the above style for BibTeX, coded by Kai von Fintel as the house style for bibliographies in the journal Semantics and Pragmatics, avoids this periods.

Two examples from Zotero:

1. Adamson, Peter. 2016. Philosophy in the Islamic world. (A History of Philosophy without Any Gaps 3). Oxford: Oxford University Press.

2. Bronkhorst, Johannes. 2011. Buddhism in the shadow of Brahmanism. (Handbook of Oriental Studies. Section 2 South Asia 24). Leiden, Boston: Brill.

I would be grateful if this issue could be fixed, of course, if there is a consensus that this is indeed a bug. Happy to edit it myself, if that's more convenient.

Thanks and best wishes,
Arash
  • How are you entering the volume title in Zotero? That's not a field that's available either in Zotero or in CSL.
  • Or do you mean the period before the parenthesis?, i.e. "world. (A History"
  • That's the title of the book. In my German version of Zotero, the field is called "Titel".
  • > Or do you mean the period before the parenthesis?, i.e. "world. (A History"

That's exactly what I mean.
  • Got it -- that seems right.

If you know how to fix this we'll gladly take a pull request. Otherwise we'll do it, but might take some time.
  • I think I have fixed it, and it validates. But I will first have to create a GitHub account before I can create a pull request. Unless there is another way of sending the revised file your way.
  • Done! Pull request created.