Zotero OpenOffice Integration 2.0a2 Confused? (Bug Report)

When I insert a citation for the first time in a document, the dialogue box that includes the options for format using and citation style has the statement under Fields in Format Using:

"Microsoft Word Fields are less likely to be accidentally modified, but cannot be shared with OpenOffice.org"

I don't work with Microsoft Office, and have always used the Open Office fields, which conversely incompatible with MS Office. Selecting fields here works correctly, so I assume this statement should be reversed.
  • I was just wondering about that too. I am just starting to add references to a big project via Zotero and I jump back and forth between OpenOffice and Word.

Does using 'fields' still cause problems in openoffice or word?

Thanks for your info/help,

Pat
  • edited May 29, 2009
    I jump back and forth between OpenOffice and Word. Does using 'fields' still cause problems in openoffice or word?
    OO.o field support can't be relied on in .DOC files.

Presumably, you're using such a file for data-exchange between the two programs. So, use bookmarks.
  • Thanks Noksagt, I appreciate the quick reply/help :D

Pat
  • No, I'm working with ODT files in Open Office.

My point was that the OO plugin is saying its fields (which are Open Office fields, they are working for me) are Word fields which are not compatible with OO, when the plugin used to say correctly that the OO fields it uses are not compatible with Word.
  • @nagchampa: yes. my reply was to patrick.

I believe the issue you raised has been reported before.
  • k, no problem :D