Error: MS Word crashes when updating citations

Error code: 706307055
  • What version of Word? Is it updated with the latest updates from Microsoft? Could you describe in detail what steps trigger this crashing and whether it is consistently reproducible?
  • Hi adomasven

It’s MS Word 2010, version 14.0.4760.1000. I have run Windows Update, updated Zotero, and have restarted all programs and computer.

The crash happens whenever I try updating a citation, whether using the classic or the dynamic pop-up menu.
    I prompt the menu, insert or modify citation, - and when I click OK/Enter, Word crashes.
    The problem has indeed been reproducible all day since it happens every time  But – it has happened before a few times, and then it went away for a while – and now it’s back with a vengeance.

Zotero says this in the error log, but I don’t know if it’s even related:

[JavaScript Error: "Fjernprocedurekaldet mislykkedes.
    [complete:document.cpp]"]

version => 5.0.45, platform => Win32, oscpu => Windows NT 6.1; WOW64, locale => da-DK, appName => Zotero, appVersion => 5.0.45, extensions => Zotero LibreOffice Integration (5.0.13.SA.5.0.45, extension), Zotero Word for Windows Integration (5.0.8.SA.5.0.45, extension), Shockwave Flash (29.0.0.140, plugin)

** My approximate translation from Danish: “Remote procedure call failed” (???)

Word says stuff too that this editor wont allow me to paste, but the “files that help describe the problem” all seem to be located in appData/temp and have .tmp in their names...

• Note that the latest version of Word 2010 is 14.0.7197.5000. You are missing 2 service packs. You should start by ensuring that you are running the latest version of Word.
  • Thx, I'll have a word with the IT staff then :-)
  • Update: IT staff helped me out. The problem apparently wasn't with the missing Word update, but with some temporary files in AppData that messed up stuff and had to be deleted. Don't ask. I don't know if it's of general interest either, but I'm glad it's been solved :-)