style error: world neurosurgery

Not sure how to report this, but used the current zotero world neurosurgery format and found that it needs to be edited below:

1) for the reference list, I need 6 authors, then et al, not 3.
2) needs to be double-spaced
3) ONLY the first word of a title is capitalized

Please let me know if you can help!
Thomas
  • 1) I'm not seeing anything in the author guidelines and the journal says it's using AMA style, which puts et al. after three authors (though only for articles with more than 6 authors), which is what Zotero is doing.

2) Doable, but if that's the only difference to AMA style we're not going to bother (currently the style is just a copy of/link to AMA style)

3) https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sentence_casing
  • Thanks for your help.

1) You're right about this. I think my editor missed the target on this one.

2) Some journals are picky (she's had one experience where the article was sent back) so would be a helpful fix. Especially because we make a considerable number of submissions to this particluar journal.

3) Thanks for your help!
  • 2) right, but it literally takes you 10 secs to fix this manually before sending the article off
  • Ah, yes. Making the text editable and then manually doing it? I thought you couldn't edit the text
  • You'll want to click "Unlink Citations" in the copy(!) of the file you're submitting to the journal anyway (Zotero and other fields can wreak havoc with automated processes of some publishers) and after that you can manually edit as much as you want.