Problem with ubuntu 17.10 "artful"

edited April 22, 2018
I am using ubuntu 17.10. with xfce 4.12 desktop environment. Till now it was fine with zotero. Today I am getting error while opening the zotero:
_initDB<@chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/zotero.js:892:9
  • Have you tried just restarting? And is your data directory in its default location or in a custom location?
  • I tried with restarting, no luck.
    My data directory is in custom location. But I use same linux OS in the office, with old zotero version. At office, I have no issue. I also tried with reinstalling. There also I got same issue.
  • edited April 23, 2018
    See Reporting Startup Errors.

[Edit: But yes, as adamsmith says, this indicates some problem with the custom data directory, so if it's something other than a normal, non-cloud-or-network-synced folder on a local disk drive we'd want to know that.]
  • The error indicates an error in initializing the database and some problem with accessing the data directory is the most likely problem. Where do you have your database? (description of filepath are both OK)
  • Thank you for prompt replies @adamsmith @dstillman My data directory is located in mega sync folder. I will check for any startup error at home.
    But, I have tried with the fresh installation (I.e removing the old zotero installation folders and replacing with freshly downloaded folder) That also not solved.
  • My data directory is located in mega sync folder.
    Yes, that's strongly discouraged and almost certainly the source of the problem. Errors introduced by cloud-sync folders are not consistent, so this may work for some time somewhere else, but it is never a good idea.
  • Ok, I will change it to default directory. Thank you for help. I will update, what happens.