Cannot insert citation in word

Report ID: 1833648482

I cannot insert citation in word.

The notice "The style you have selected does not appear to be valid. If you have created this style yourself, please ensure that it passes validation as described at https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/wiki/Validation. Alternatively, try selecting another style." appears.

The style I am choosing is "American Psychology Association" style which is available on my list. I have tried to restarted everything and even disable the plugin and enable it again and update my Zotero, but it is still not working.

Please help.
  • Try resetting styles from the advanced tab of the Zotero preferences. Note that this will remove any custom styles if you have those installed.
  • I've tried to reset the custom style. But it is still not working.
  • Custom style?
  • I did it in this way : Preference> Advanced > File and folders > Reset Styles (under the section "Database maintenance"

Please tell me if I should do it in this way or another way. Thanks

• @fbennett:
    [JavaScript Error: "invalid language tag: us english" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/citeproc.js" line: 2692}]
  • @Gigi%20Lo What is the version of your Zotero ("About Zotero")? If it is not v5.0.45, reinstall with the latest version.)

Also, check in Tools -> Add-ons to see if a "Propachi" plugin is installed. If it is, disable it and restart Zotero.

• 1. Zotero is the v5.0.45
    2. Propachi plugin is not installed.
    3. I tried to choose another style "American Anthropological Association" style works, but still not for American Psychological Association 6yh edition
  • @Gigi%20Lo What is your operating system, and what language do you have set in Preferences -> Export?
  • @dstillman The only place where "invalid language tag" turns up in the sources is the Firefox binary. The error in citeproc-js appears to be thrown by an attempt to run localeCompare with "us english" as the locale. The variable that brings that in is derived from the default-locale of the style, or the value fed to the processor at instantiation. The string "us english' occurs only in the citeproc-js test suite, not in the module code.

@Gigi%20Lo Not yet sure of the cause yet, but working on it.
  • edited April 19, 2018
    @dstillman I've done some further checking and come up dry. Nothing resembling "us english" is anywhere in the sources. The one explanation I can think of - that on @Gigi%20Lo 's system the string "US English" has somehow gotten into the preferences -- doesn't make sense because this is affecting only the one style. Stuck for the moment.
  • @fbennett Thank you very much for investigating the case for me.
    I tried to change to language into UK English and it works!!
    Although don't know how it work, finally we got a solution.

Hope this result gives your an insight to find out the cause of the problem and fix it on your side if there is any.
  • Glad to hear that you're back in motion. I am totally stumped as to the underlying cause. I'm almost afraid to ask, but ... switching back to US English breaks it again?
  • It's an interesting experiment. I did it.
    The result is : when I switch it back to US English
    --> IT WORKS!
  • Weird, but good. :-)