where are my pdf attachments in zotero with paid storage?

Hi. I paid for storage this year but I don't seem to find the PDFs I have in my account when I look at the account on anything but my main computer. So the pdfs, etc are in my library, I sync it, etc., but when I log on to Zotero from another machine or through a browser I only see the citations, notes, etc but no attachments. What is the file path that I should use in order to access my PDFs, etc on multiple machines?

Here is an example of a file path on my main machine (OS 10.13.4) for a random article in my collection: HD > Users > ---- >Zotero> storage >F5AARBJ9 > Wood and O'Malley - 2002 - Dude, why won't they take back my old Dell.pdf

I also need to know how to access the files/PDFs I have in groups that I manage.

Thanks!
  • If you don't see attachments in Zotero on a machine, they're not on that machine. But that's actually quite odd -- a complete sync would show file attachments *even if the files themselves have not synced*.

Let's start online here, when you click on "My Library". When you click on an item that has a PDF attached on your computer, the files should be listed at the bottom of the screen. Is that the case? If so, what happens when you click it?
  • Hi. I want to use my zotero cloud storage to store files/pdfs for the group. Can a group member access the pdf through their group access if the file is not stored on their computer (meaning it is stored in the zotero cloud)?

"If you don't see attachments in Zotero on a machine, they're not on that machine. But that's actually quite odd -- a complete sync would show file attachments *even if the files themselves have not synced*."

I can see the files when I use desktop/standalone on my machine (that's the file path I posted (HD > Users > ---- >Zotero> storage >F5AARBJ9 > Wood and O'Malley - 2002 - Dude, why won't they take back my old Dell.pdf)

The problem is that the attachment does not exist when I login into zotero through a browser. For example, a parent item in a group says:

"2018 Internet Health Report
    Added by b_wolf
    Item Type Report
    Title 2018 Internet Health Report
    Series Editor Larsen, Solana
    Institution Mozilla Foundation
    Date 2018
    Language en-US
    URL https://internethealthreport.org/
    Accessed 2018-04-24 06:43:42
    Tags

Notes and Attachments

2018 - 2018 Internet Health Report.pdf (Attachment Details)
    Snapshot (Attachment Details)"

In my standalone zotero, the attachment is included but in the web version it just says there is an attachment but there's not file.