Can a PubMed import include grant numbers?

Hi! Is it possible for PubMed imports to grab grant numbers? I saw this was asked a long time ago:

https://forums.zotero.org/discussion/1816/more-pubmed-field-requests

This would be greatly helpful for anyone working with grant reports, to easily find and sort citations for specific grants, without having to enter them manually. It does look like grant info is included in the PubMed XML.

Thanks for considering!

Donna
  • We don't really have a place to put that information, I'm afraid, and adding a note with it would cause grumbling among those people who don't use it, so I'm not sure what to do about this. Technically it's not hard.
  • If a custom translator file is placed in a user's profile with its own ID, will it persist translator updates, and could it be made to have priority over the stock translator?
  • Yes it will and yes simply by lowering the priority score.
  • Is this referring to a translator for PubMed XML? (Sorry my newbie is showing.)
  • It is, but I don't think the question was intended for you, but rather bwiernik trying to think through possible solutions.
  • :) No problem, just wanted to make sure I was following (and learning)!
  • I’m swamped this week, but I should be able to come up with a solution for you.
  • Absolutely no rush!! Thank you so much!! :)