[solved] files not syncing to box.com via WebDav

edited April 13, 2018
Dear all,
I encountered a syncing issue today that zotero was NOT uploading files to my box.com WebDav server.
I went through the troubleshooting process in https://www.zotero.org/support/kb/files_not_syncing. But after I carried out STEP 4 for many times (say, 5 or more), I still couldn't find newly uploaded files in Box.com. Therefore, these items cannot be accessed in Papership on my iPad.
Btw, this issue seems only happens to items added today.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • We still need a Debug ID for the first sync after Reset File Sync History on the computer where the files aren't syncing.
  • Thanks a lot. But there is no error in my case.
    FYI, every time I click “sync” top-right of zotero standalone, it shows “20 items remaining” or something like that. And every time the sync “succeeds”. @dstillman
  • That's the point of the Debug ID — so we can see what's happening.
  • Here is the Debug ID: D1192505687 @dstillman
  • (3)(+0000001): Creating ZIP file for item 1/4A48YIHQ

(3)(+0000004): Skipping symlink .zotero-ft-cache

(3)(+0000002): Skipping symlink .zotero-ft-info

(3)(+0000001): Skipping symlink […].pdf

(3)(+0000003): No files to add -- removing ZIP file
    Do you have your data directory or storage directory symlinked (or behind a Windows alias, perhaps)?
  • Yes, it’s in OneDrive directory. Is that the reason why it cannot sync? It worked well before.
  • Yes, you can't keep your data directory in a cloud storage directory — among other things, you're very likely to corrupt your database. (You're also already using Zotero syncing, so having the data directory in OneDrive doesn't really make sense anyway.)
  • I’ve changed the directory and it works now. I used onedrive before I sync files via WebDAV service. Now syncing via onedrive is not necessary any more.
    Many thanks for your help!