UI feature request for multi-word/double family names when switching single/double field

When switching from single field author to two fields for family and given name, Zotero picks the last orthographic word as family name. With multi-word last names this is not correct. It would be very handy if Zotero could instead split the name into given and family name based on the cursor position (if the field is in edit mode, otherwise the behavior would remain unchanged). Is that feasible?
  • I'm afraid that's too complicated & intransparent for users and will create more problems than it fixes.
    At the point where you put the cursor into the names field, you're almost as fast just fixing this via cut & paste anyway.
    (Ideally, of course, the names would just be imported correctly so if you can point to a source we can see if that's possible)
  • I'm scraping a website that's just old-fashioned html without metadata, and the authors are listed as a string with full names (no separation of first and last names). So there's no automating possible here, I think.

Cut and paste is what I'm using, but with several hundred names to process you start to notice the time it takes ;)

But I can see this might not be generally useful enough.