How to assure correct title case of French / English title

In my PhD I have journal article that has the title:

'Ceci n'est pas un hamburger: modelling and representing the scholarly article'

as you can see the title has a french part and an english part.

In my workflow I export the Zotero items to biblatex and then let pandoc-citeproc create the bibliography in CMoS. That means the titles get transformed to English title case and with ith the French part of the title, which is not correct.

Technically, in biblatex, I could wrap the french part of the title in extra `{ }`. However, and for good reasons, Zotero transforms curly brackets that I put into the title field into `\phantom\{ \}' so that it is not interpreted but printed by biblatex.

Is there a chance to assure correct capitalisation from within Zotero and without messing in the biblatex file after export?
  • edited April 9, 2018
    I recommmend you use the BetterBibLaTeX plugin as part of your BibLaTeX workflow.

Then, wrap the French part of the title in nocase tags:
    <span class="nocase">Ceci n'est pas un hamburger</span>: modelling and representing the scholarly article
  • Thanks.

Actually, I was not 100% honest above ;-) I do already use the BetterBibLaTeX plugin. However, I was not aware about the possibility you described, thx. again.
  • This is a standard Zotero feature BTW, this will also work if you're using the word processor plugins or generate a bibliography from within Zotero. BBT just happens to translate this same feature to bib(la)tex.