Does Zotero support update the fields of an item automatically when it is imported?

Hello everyone,
I am trying to transfer from JabRef to Zotero. I found the transfer is quite smooth since it seems I only need to import the bib file of my JabRef database and Zotero will do all the things for me. It is amazing!
I think in the manual of Zotero it says that the quality of the information of the fields is better if the item is imported via the Zotero Connector. So I am wondering that does Zotero support the function like automatically update the fields? Something like updating the fields of the item based on the DOI of the imported item via the Internet? This may improve the quality of the imported items from another software.
Any help would be much appreciated!
  • Updating of existing items is planned but not currently possible. You can import a new item and then merge it with the existing one. If you were happy with your data quality in JabRef, though, it should still be fine and not require any updating. Moving forward, you will get the best data by importing using the Zotero Connector on the publisher web page.
  • Thanks very much for your reply!
    Usually, we may have hundreds of items in a dataset, so the procedure of opening it in the browser and importing new item with Zotero Connector and then merging them seems a little time-consuming.
    I am very looking forward to the function of updating fields of items. As more and more people may transfer to Zotero, I think that function would be very useful.