My library has disappeared on the server (and my computer)

Hello,

I lost my Zotero library two years ago. I just created a new account but before starting from scratch, I'm doing a last ditch effort to get my old library back.
So here's the story: two years ago, I got a new computer and I transferred my data from an external disk using the Time Machine program (I use Mac). But the transfer didn't work for Zotero. For a while I could still access my library from the Zotero webpage online. I reinstalled Zotero on my computer, tried to sync but it wouldn't recognize my username. At that point, the Zotero website also stopped recognizing my username and my email, so I couldn't log in anymore. Now, when I try the "forgot your password" solution, Zotero does not recognize my email or old username. I may have made an error at some point but I'm not sure.

Anyone has an idea?
  • At that point, the Zotero website also stopped recognizing my username and my email, so I couldn't log in anymore.
    That definitely wouldn't have happened unless you deleted your account, so you're likely misremembering your username/email. You can email support@zotero.org with additional details and a link to this thread and we can take a look.

Do you still have the Time Machine backup? That would contain your previous username, and it should also contain your files — there's a good chance you just copied them to the wrong location on the new computer. If you have it we can walk you through finding the necessary info and data.