Zotero not recognizing its own bibliography

I'm using Word for Mac v. 16.11.1 and have updated to Zotero 5.0.33. In Word, I have input citations and a bibliography, but the bibliography is not being recognized when I click on it. It's also not formatting correctly. I've deleted it an reinserted, with the same problem. I was having problems with the citations being recognized earlier today, but that went away when I switched from storing as fields to bookmarks and back to fields. I've changed the citation style and that hasn't fixed anything.

The bibliography has grey brackets on either side of it, in case that's important. The file has only ever been saved as a .docx and only on one computer.

How do I make Zotero in Word work properly again? I'm worried about the citations reverting back to being problematic.
Thanks!
  • You mean Zotero 5.0.43, right?

And what do you mean with "not being recognized" for the bibliography? Nothing is supposed to happen when you click on the bibliography
  • I was actually on 5.0.33, even though I just updated this morning. Just updated again and it's at Zotero 5.0.44 now, and when I reinsert a bibliography the problem is fixed.

By Zotero "recognizing" the bibliography, I mean that when you click on it, it all highlights with grey. I can also right click and "update field". These things weren't happening before, but they work now.