poirmw

I have not seen this discussed here. I have two Zotero databases. One is relatively large. Is there a way of integrating one with the other? I would like to integrate the small one with the larger one. There may be some overlap in the contents. But I can take care of that once the integration has taken place.
  • Are both databases synced?
    (Also, what's going on with your posting? Why are you no longer creating proper thread titles & posting multiple times?)
  • I am not too clear about what you mean by "synced". If you mean, is it the sort of database that one finds at the end of an academic article where the authors, the title of their works are listed, and the date of publication are listed, then "yes," they are synced.

And yes, I am having trouble with my posting. I write-up my comment in a box, and a new box appears below my comment, and slightly indented demand that I repeat my comment.
  • Sync: https://www.zotero.org/support/sync

Which browser are you using?
  • I am not sure about how to handle this, but if it is of any help, too the best of my knowledge, I have not changed anything since I became interested in Zotero.
  • Whether the accounts are synced has a clear yes or no answer and it affects how you can merge them.
  • Yes, I understand, but it my be affected by what each of us understands by "synced."
  • That's why I linked to a description of what synced means in the context of Zotero: do you have one or both of the libraries in question synced to the Zotero servers?
  • I should perhaps have added here that the larger database belongs to the 4.0.29.10 era, and the smaller one is contemporary.
  • No. My libraries are not synced to the Zotero servers.
  • edited April 4, 2018
    As I read your information on syncing from your website, it seems that all of the focus is on syncing a home based machine with your Zotero servers. Am I right? And, if I am right, I am inclined to ask: Is it not possible to sync two home-based machines with one another, ...in case one or other of the machines fails.
  • No, you cannot sync local machines without a server.
    It's technically possible to set up a Zotero server locally, but that requires significant technical expertise (and, of course, access to a server).
  • Thank you very much. That answers my original question. It also points to problems that one may encounter should a home computer unexpectedly fail for some reason or another. You have been very helpful. Thank you very much.
  • Again, many thanks. This has been most helpful for me, and for all amongst us who are inclined to think that our machines are not likely to fail. Thank you again.