Page Cites?

I need to keep track of my notes on a source by the page of the source. Is there a way to do that. I have searched and experimented, but I am new to zotero.
  • if you mean linking notes to a specifi location in a document - no that's not currently possible. It has been requested before but my sense it that, if implemented at all, it will be quite far in the future.
    It also depends on the document - with htmls there may be a workaround, with pdfs this is very unlikely to happen, as Zotero doesn't annotate pdfs at all.
    If you're talking web-pages let me know and I'll try to find the old discussion of the workaround for you.
  • Thanks for responding. I think I have it.

I didn't realize that when I inserted a source cite, I could add a page number. I kept trying to insert the cite to material in a note directly.

Does this sound about right? I put the page number at the bottom of my note. When I want to add some notes to something I am writing, I sort on the relevant tag, click on each individual source to expand it, and figure out which notes I am going to use. Then I select the first note I'm interested in, click in the right box, select all, flip to my document, paste, hit the insert annotation, choose the source (not the note), and copy the page number from the pasted text.