delete server sync data

Hello everybody,

is there a way to delete the current library on the server? I already tried it with an empty library using: Preferences -> Sync -> Reset -> Restore to Zotero server (Version 2.0b4). It did also not work with a new library with about 10 entries.

However, it does not work. The data are synchronised with my empty zotero library and none of the data in "My Library" are deleted.... :-(

Did I miss something or do you have an idea how to get rid of the old data without creating a new account?

Cheers and best regards.
  • Try again now.
  • I have the same problem. I tried resetting and received the following error:

What should I do? Thanks.
  • Hi Dan,

I just tried to overwrite my current server data with my existing library again but I still cannot reset my library.

Actually, my current library is just synchronized and all the data I already had on the server are also written back to my local library. Hence, I have all the old server data in my local library again and my local library is added to my server library.... but I just want to have my current local files on the server and no additional entries on my pc.

I will try it once again with an empty local library but I assume that it will not work again. Perhaps it is a good idea to be able to edit the server library - deleting and adding entries - directly within the zotero account. Will this feature be added in the future?

Thanks a lot for your help!!
  • edited May 22, 2009
    Hello everybody,

it worked... Why?? I just turned on the automatic sync preference and it worked. Probably that was my mistake.
  • I, too, am having the problem MORT1980 mentioned. Turning on automatic sync didn't help.

If I delete everything locally, and then reset, shouldn't the files in my on-line library also be deleted? That doesn't seem to be happening for me.
  • The ability to delete the library on the server is an ability that should be added post haste, especially since synching frequently combines and duplicates data whatever settings you use in Zotero.
  • brady: It's already possible to clear server data and replace it with local data. See Troubleshooting Sync Errors.

Zotero sync does not duplicate data. You'll get duplicates if you merge two separate libraries with the same data, but that's not duplication. If you're confused about any of that, please start a new thread.