Error in Author Names when using Zotero Connector

Recently, author names appear to be downloaded incorrectly. This only happens for some journals, and it *might* only be limited to journals in the Wiley family (i.e., this seems to be the pattern, but there maybe others). Recently, the authors full name is not being split into components.

Here's an example of the same paper a few months apart:

Jacquemin, S.J., and Doll, J.C. (2015). Macroecology of North American suckers (Catostomidae): tests of Bergmann’s and Rapoport’s rules. Ecol Evol 5, 3895–3904.

Jacquemin Stephen J., and Doll Jason C. (2015). Macroecology of North American suckers (Catostomidae): tests of Bergmann’s and Rapoport’s rules. Ecology and Evolution 5, 3895–3904.
  • (The relevant thing to note here is that the Wiley translator is failing — as noted in the save popup — and it's falling back to the Atypon Journals translator, which isn't splitting the names correctly.)
  • I am getting the same problem, is there feedback from Wiley with regard to resolving the problem??

Best regards
    Florid
  • We'll need to fix this on our end -- I've been having some small problems with this so it's taking longer. Our ticket (to follow along; no need to post there) is here https://github.com/zotero/translators/issues/1608
  • Until this is fixed I recommend: 1) use the doi translator; 2) add the hyphen to the ISSN; and 3) copy/paste the abstract from the webpage into Zotero. After a few times you will learn to accomplish these tasks quite quickly.
  • This is now fixed — thanks for reporting. Your Zotero Connector should auto-update within 24 hours, or you can update manually by clicking Update Translators in the Advanced pane of the Zotero Connector preferences.

Any further problems let us know & thanks for reporting.