PC Citation Style disappearing

Hi,

We have a custom Zotero Style (CSL format), similar to "University of South Australia 2011 - Harvard".

Every time a user closes and re-opens Zotero, it removes our style from the installed list, defaulting to the University of South Australia Style.

This inevitably completely re-formats any documents we are using at the time.

We then have to re-install our Style, changing the preferences in our documents to a random Style (Nature for example) then back to our own.

If we simply re-install our Style, it will appear to have updated but continue to actually use the "University of South Australia 2011 - Harvard" format.

We have tried re-installing the style from network and C: drive locations, I have even tried placing it in the "Styles" folder in the Zotero directory.

As soon as Zotero is closed and re-opened, the Style is removed, even from the Styles folder.

We have updated our version to 5.0.37 and checked permissions to the directories we store the Style.

Any advice would be much appreciated!
  • Most likely you didn't change the 'id' in your custom style.
  • Can you please be more specific? I didn't create the style myself. Do you mean the style the Zotero is replacing ours with has a unique ID that ours references?
  • There's a line in the style that is
    <id>something</id>

If that "something" is identical to a style ID in the Zotero style repository, Zotero will overwrite the style, so you need to change it (to anything, really)
  • Ok that is exactly what it's doing, I will try adjusting this and let you know. Thanks very much!
  • note that the ID _is_ a URL for styles in Zotero, but it doesn't have to be, nor does the link have to be functional