APA Style with Notes

Hi all,

I've been trying to find what my work team needs in zotero downloadable styles. We use APA format, but with endnotes, rather than parentheticals. I can't seem to find a style that allows APA standard citation format but gives us the superscript identification numbers.

Anyone have any leads on this? We would be eternally grateful.

Thank you!
  • This ones is pretty close if I understand correctly: https://www.zotero.org/styles?q=id:springer-socpsych-brackets

• Thanks so much for your answers! Unfortunantly, we need to use superscript citation numbers, rather than those in brackets. Is there a way to modify this?

@bwiernik I'm not sure how to use this coding, as I'm a novice at this. Would I save this coding to my computer and then upload to Zotero?
  • if you right-click on the link bwiernik posted and click save as, save it to your desktop (or anywhere else on your harddisk) and then double-click it, it will install in Zotero.

Bwiernik's style has superscripts in square brackets. If you don't want that, before installing it, open it with a text editor like Notepad and change this line
    <layout prefix="[" suffix="]" delimiter="," vertical-align="sup">

to
    <layout delimiter="," vertical-align="sup">
  • Really appreciate your help. I have made the changes you suggested, now I can't figure out how to get my TextEdit file to upload to Zotero. How do I convert it to a .csl file? Or should it be taking it in RTF?
  • it needs to be a plain text file with a .csl extension, not sure how exactly do to that in TextEdit, I'm afraid
  • workaround if you don't manage:
    1. go here:http://editor.citationstyles.org/codeEditor/
    2. paste your code in the bottom part
    3. switch to the visual editor (on top)
    4. save the csl file there from the menu.
  • That worked!! YAY
  • One more thing. The numbers in the bibliography are still showing up in brackets. How would I remove these from the code?

Thanks for all your help.
  • <text variable="citation-number" prefix="[" suffix="] "/>
    -->
    <text variable="citation-number" suffix="."/>

will get you 1. Smith, A. (1776) etc.
  • My numbers are still showing up in brackets, but I will redo the process tomorrow in case I messed something up. Is there a way to get the numbers superscripted in that bibliography list, too?